Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bedfords at Sandown 2008

What's better than seeing a Bedford on the road? Seeing several! The Historic Commercial Vehicle Club's annual show at Sandown Racecourse in Melbourne had a good showing of Bedfords in 2008 (when I last managed to get there). Here's a selection of the majority as they arrived on the Sunday morning.

Above: I believe the cab of this fine, pre-1968 TK was restored by ACW Bedford. Note what appears to be their signature vinyl roof protection. Below: I first saw this J1 (?) at Sandown 2006 ... and it was just as shiny then (although her teeth were still white)!

Above: this post-1973 TK gets around a fair bit and will feature heavily here over the next few posts as I'll use it to explain my TK-ageing technique. Below: ACW's mobile workshop CDJ (not a TJ, note the Griffin badge on the bonnet) has a nice metallic green finish which might not be obvious in this sun-drenched (read slightly over-exposed!) photo.

Above: I've admired this little post-1967/pre-1973 TK on a number of occasions but have yet to meet the owner. He did feature over on the HVCV Forum last year but I've forgotten his name. Below: this J1 (?) was parked outside the venue but is a worthy exhibit in itself as it is still clearly working and how often do you see Bedfords with more than just a tray these days? A bit hard to photograph though...

Above: not really my cup of tea but it's a Bedford ... and it's not selling ice creams!

1 comment:

  1. I have what I believe is a 1968 tk bedford 4x4, i am interested in selling it, Adam 0418 997 852

    ReplyDelete